The California Beat is committed to fostering a thriving open forum for online debate and discussion. Our comment forums and Opinion section are reserved for rich insight, reaction and responses to our stories, the news of the day, and contributions from our readers.
All forums are moderated by a California Beat website editor for content that violates the California Beat comment standards. By posting on our website, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Personal attacks are prohibited. Comments or messages that advocate specific acts of violence against individuals will be deleted.
- Vulgar language and profanity is discouraged. The California Beat serves an online audience which includes readers that may be offended by the use of profanity and inappropriate language.
- Commercial promotions are prohibited. Our forums serve to provide substantive debate and discussion to enhance the quality of our reporting for our readers. Advertising and spam of any sort will be deleted.
- The unauthorized reposting of copyrighted content is strictly prohibited. Comments will be moderated to ensure all contributions do not violate state or federal copyright law.
- By posting on our website, you agree to give the California Beat and the Beat Network permission to reproduce your commentary in future stories, and in some cases, contact you for any follow-up questions if you have chosen to include your e-mail address when submitting your contribution. As an internet news organization, input from our readers is essential in being responsive to our online community.
- By posting comments or contributing to all California Beat digital platforms, including but not limited to its web site, users must be 18 years of age or older.
Comments are moderated and approved regularly after ensuring that they meet the above standards. The California Beat believes in providing a rich and prominent forum to serve as a marketplace of ideas and opinions regarding the stories we cover.
In order to combat spam, articles are closed for commenting 30 days after the date on which they’re posted.
Your contributions to our website are welcome and greatly appreciated.
If you have questions, comments or contributions for the California Beat, e-mail our general inbox at info[at]californiabeat.org.