If you wish your kids to become successful in their academics then they should learn to code. Coding will assist your kids not only in increasing their mathematical skills but also thinking skills and other skills that shall be valuable for them in life. We have various reasons that tell why every kid should start learning to code. The early they start to learn to code the more probability there shall be of their success.
Do you have any idea about what is coding? Not? Then let us help you in understanding what is coding?
The methodology with the help of which we communicate with smart devices like computers is known as coding. In other words, coding can also be referred to as a language that is understandable to a computer and they are able to perform as per the instructions received through coding. Various things such as apps, websites, online games, etc. are made with the help of coding. There are different sorts of programming and coding having a different set of rules. It depends on you what sort of coding you want to learn. No matter, different coding types have different rules and purposes but the basic motive of all types of coding is to provide understandable instructions to the computer.
Help your children in learning to code
As you have understood the meaning of coding. Now you should also know how you can get your children to learn to code. Even when you do not know to code still there are ways that will help your kids in coding.
There are so many platforms that can assist your kids in coding. Cuemath is also one of the most famous platforms that shall be very helpful for kids in coding. Experts also recommend using this for your kids in learning to code.
Now apart from all the things mentioned above, why your kids need to learn to code. In other words, how coding contributes to the success of your kids?
Expert says that if your kids learn to code, they will have the following benefits:
- It shall help your kids to improve their problem-solving skills: the major benefit of learning to code is that it shall help your kids in improving their problem-solving skills. With the help of coding, your kids will be able to understand that how computers and different apps in them do work. How does a computer understand your instructions? Not only this shall they also be able to understand that how math is used creatively and logically by the software engineers to solve different problems. This point explains why coding should be made a compulsory subject in schools.
You know that having problem-solving skills is very helpful in general life also. Just like other parents, you would also want your kids to be good problem solvers so that they can face different problems and get success over them. All these types of skills your kids will be learning through coding subject. That is why experts prefer coding to be a part of the syllabus in schools.
- It shall improve the thinking ability of your kids: through coding, your kids won’t only be learning to code but also by improving their thinking skills. If you think computer programming will help your kids in coding only then let us tell you that it also helps your kids in thinking out of the box. While learning to code, your kids will have to think creatively and logically. It will help your kids in breaking the large problem into small portions and solve all of them step by step. It is also one of the major benefits that your kids will get if they start learning to code.
With the help of programming language and coding your kids will be able to convert their ideas into something useful and effective. They will put their all effort until all the portions of the problem are not solved. Maybe the first solution won’t work but the second or the third one may work. At last, the problem shall be solved. This way your kids will be developing their problem-solving and thinking skills. We can also say that you kids will also know the difference between what to think and how to think.
- Your kids will be expanding their creativity once they start learning to code: through coding your kids will be able to do different computer experiments and will be learning different things from their different experiments. This way, they will be expanding their skills. All of this will help in boosting the confidence of your kids and they might also make something unique of their own. If they will have positive results in coding. It will help them in increasing their motivation level and make something more effective and useful. Through coding, your kids will also have the opportunity to get confidence and motivation.
- The future is computer programming: if you carefully observe the development of the world then you will realize that coding is a very necessary skill that your kids must possess. There would be hardly any business that would be operating without a computer or technology. Coding is not useful in the IT sector but also in the business sector. Therefore, if your kids will be having coding skills then they will have more employment opportunities in the future. Irrespective of the industry they go to in the future they will have an edge over other candidates. These points make it more important for the schools to include the coding subject in their syllabus.
- The software industry is lacking in skills: the software industry is demanding skillful programmers and coders. But they are lacking in this. If your kids would know to code then they will have better opportunities for employment in software industries as well. They will be getting high-level salary packages.
All these points explain why your kids should learn to code. However, coding is nothing more than a language of math. So, if your kids learn to code they will also improve their skills in mathematics.