Visiting Phuket is often on the top of the people’s bucket lists. Indeed, Thailand’s largest island and 32 smaller islands off the coast have plenty of things to offer to a curious tourist. Not only are the nature and geography fascinating, but this island has a long and rich history. Many tourists wonder when the best time of the year is for visiting a place like this. If you are asking yourself the same thing, take a look at the following travel guide which will provide you with some answers and help you decide when to plan your trip.
What is there to visit on Phuket?
Like has been mentioned earlier, Phuket is one of the most interesting tourist attractions in the world. The rich culture seems to be one of the primary reasons why people like to visit. Additionally, there are numerous tourist attractions that will leave you speechless. Take a look at the following list to see which some of the most popular attractions are:
• Thalang National Museum was founded in 1985 and its display is more than fascinating. When you are visiting a country, the best way to get to know the history and culture of that country is through museums. Therefore, you will not regret visiting this museum because it will provide you with insight on the way of living in old Phuket. Not only that, but you will also get the opportunity to see some of the oldest artifacts and national symbols of this area.
• Aquaria Phuket is a relatively young attraction due to the fact that it was opened in 2019. Nevertheless, it is already considered to be one of the top tourist attractions. It contains 51, 000 aquatic animals from over 300 species. The aquarium itself has a potential of seven million liters and it contains both the freshwater and saltwater. This place would be particularly interesting if you are traveling with kids.
• Hat Karon is the name of the very poplar beach. Its size is around 20 kilometers and it is the perfect relaxing place because it will provide you with one of the most peaceful sights in the world. You can watch the sunset and clear your head on this beach. However, if you are into partying and hanging out with friends, this Hat Karon will not disappoint you either. There are numerous resort complexes where you can spend time with friends.
• Two Heroines Monument represents the two heroines Thao Thep Kasattri (Kunying Jan) and Thao Sri Sunthon (Mook). They were sisters and had a major role when it comes to the history of this area. The monument is very interesting and you will also be able to learn about history.
• Old Phuket Town is another historical site you must visit. The architecture and the atmosphere there will leave you speechless. There is also a unique community Baba. So, you can meet them and learn about their way of living, cuisine, and culture.
When is the best time to visit Phuket?
Generally, the division of seasons in Phuket revolves around three types of seasons:
1. High Season (December to March) – This is the most crowded period of the year because tourists from all around the world come to visit. The weather is perfect, the sea is calm and the sun is shining. Occasionally, there is rain but not in huge amounts. Also, the night life during this period is amazing.
2. Shoulder Season (April to June) – This is the period when everything becomes peaceful and the rains slowly increase. Even though there are still tourists around this period, the crowds become significantly smaller.
3. Low Season (June to October/November) – Usually, the low season means plenty of rain. Rains are the reason why people don’t go to the beach, and the seas are not calm. Due to the fact that there are very few tourists during this time of the year, you can find the accommodation easier. If you are not the ‘summer type’ who likes to lie under the Sun, this period will suit you perfectly.
There are plenty of activities you can do in Phuket, and the best time to visit generally depends on what type of activities you would like to engage in. The list below will try to provide you with some details about different activities and their best timing:
• Best time for diving – If you are into diving and you would like to explore the underwater world in Phuket, you should consider going from November to December. This period is marked by great visibility and the best diving experience because the water is perfect.
• Best time for beach – Enjoying your time under the sun on Phuket is from December to March. The smallest amount of rain falls during this period. On top of that, the sea is calm and the weather is perfect since the sky is clear and the sun is constantly shining.
• Best time for Phang Nga Bay – The best time to visit the famous Phang Bay is from December to January. If you don’t mind the crowds you will have the best experience. Usually, during this time people come from all around the globe and everyone has the best time.
• Best time for Bangla Road – The famous partying on the road which is closed for traffic during the night is probably during the High Season, but generally, you can experience it throughout the whole year.
To sum up, visiting Phuket may be one of the best experiences of your life. Not only do you get to learn about the culture and history, but you can also party and relax. In case you are interested in visiting and living according to your bucket list, don’t waste a minute – visit this website and make a booking! Without a doubt, you will not regret it!